My name is Jennifer Stock
and I like digital communication.
As a user experience designer, my aim is to choreograph understanding.
I draw on my interests in psychology, computer programming, language and the graphic arts to encourage meaningful, fluid, and emotionally rich connections between people—and information.
Jun 1992 Marshall University Huntington, WV
Sept 2000 The School of Visual Concepts Seattle, WA
Jun 2004 A One-Day Course by Edward Tufte Seattle, WA
There are many artists who…see their value and justification in novelty; but they are wrong. Novelty is hardly ever important. What matters is always this one thing: to penetrate to the very heart of a thing, and create it better.
—Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
- Enthusiastic and creative user of jQuery and CSS3.
- Expert user of Photoshop, inDesign, and Illustrator. Equally capable in both Macintosh and Windows environments.
- More than fifteen years of continuous employment in digital & print publishing.
- Genuinely interested in compassionate communication.
- Fluent in hand-coded standards-compliant HTML, CSS, PHP, XML & XSLT.
- Masterful & stylish visual design sense.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Agile at prototyping, wireframing, and concept mapping.
- Experienced in the full cycle of user-centered design, from user research through usability testing.
- Quick to understand complex systems and to humanely translate requirements.
MSIM Capstone Project
Created in Seattle, WA in the winter of 2012–13